Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fan Expo

Ok so this isn't a real review because I didn't actually attend the fan expo, but I did have to share the streets with the attendees after it while heading home.

I can't rag on the expo, I would have liked to have gone and got my Cyanide and Happiness books signed if I had the chance to, but I had other things to do. What I will do is share with everyone some observations I made while heading home this evening.

1) Ladies - if you want to dress up like your favorite witch or warlock or whatever the hell you were dressed up as, that's cool - All the power to you. BUT if this character is a size 2, and you're a size 32, don't think the illusion will be lost if you don't squeeze yourself into a size 2 outfit. Trust me, we wont mind! You don't have to force yourself into some skimpy outfit and make me want claw my eyes out in the process. Have some class and for the love of god think of the people sharing the streets who have to see you.

2)Men - swords are cool. No doubt about it. So are light sabers (if they were real) but you know whats not cool? Men/teens playing with swords like little children, on the sidewalks while people are trying to get from point A to point B.  I don't care if it lights up and make sounds. I don't care if you think you're a jedi, trust me no one except for maybe your equally dorky buddy does. What I do care about, and everyone else does -  is getting past your slow moving ass because we have places to go, people to see or a crappy bus to catch.

tldr; If you're gonna dress up in a costume - wear one that fits, if you're gonna play with toy swords do it in your house when there aren't people trying to pass you.


No comments:

Post a Comment